The terror threat reduced from ‘critical’ to ‘severe’ after Manchester attack (From Worcester News) – UK News

0
38

THE UK wide terror threat level in the wake of the Manchester attack has been reduced from critical to severe.

The threat level had been raised following the suicide bomb terror attack at the Manchester Arena on Monday which claimed 22 lives, including those of seven children, leaving scores injured.

Assistant Chief Constable Martin Evans of West Mercia Police said: “Prime Minister Theresa May has announced today (Saturday) that the UK threat level has been reduced to severe.

“We put additional local policing resources in place across the county for reassurance and we have taken the decision that this will continue throughout the bank holiday weekend.

“It has been heart warming to see how our officers and the community have continued to work together so positively following the tragic events at the beginning of the week.

“The additional armed officers you may have seen at iconic locations, transport hubs and events, following the national activation of Operation Temperer, will remain in place throughout the bank holiday weekend providing additional reassurance.

“This includes Lets Rock Shrewsbury today and the Ironbridge WW2 Weekend.

“The UK Threat Level had been at severe since August 2014 until this week when it was increased following the horrific attack at the Manchester arena.

“This means that an attack is highly likely. Therefore we continue to urge our communities to remain vigilant.”

Police continue to unravel the bomb-making methods of the Manchester suicide attacker and close in on suspected co-conspirators.

Detectives were said to have a “greater understanding” of the way Salman Abedi built the device which detonated in a crowd of concert-goers on Monday.

A wave of arrests and raids are believed to have closed the…

click here to read more.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here